Thursday, 6 May 2010

31 Songs: God Of This City

Okay, todays song is Christian and it is like the christian cliched anthem of the past few years so I am aware many peoples lives have been touched by this song... anyway first watch the video...



So here is the story. In the summer of 2008 I went on a small team to East London and done kids bible clubs with CEF and fell in love with the place. I felt a real strong connection with the place straight away, the streets, the people, the smell of the air- everything. I prayed all year after for that City and went back with a larger group with CEF in Summer 2009 to do the same thing. However, God never does the same thing does he, he always wants to do more and more. The greater things are always yet to come with him. So last Summer again God broke my heart for the city and its children, God made me weep for the people in London and made me fall in love with the church there. this song became my prayer for that city.

Listen to it, reflect upon it, and may it be your prayer for your town, city or situation too.

today is May the 5th, an important day in politics, governments may change, and you should all go vote to have your say, but remember real change for your town will come with prayer and will not come from a man in a suit but when we fall down on our knees at the cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment