Tuesday, 27 April 2010

31 Songs: Don't Go Away

Song 7 is Don't Go Away by Oasis. Oasis are my favourite band so it is probably no suprise to anyone that they have made it in here!





This song is truly beautiful. It has always been a favourite song of mine, however, it was this Easter just over 4 weeks ago that this song gained a new special resonance with me. This Easter I had to do the hard task of asking a girl out (don't worry she said yes) but although I am Mr. Confidence most of the time (much like the Gallagher's) I am terrified at doing things like that when I genuinely like someone. And for days (OK weeks) I kept leaving the girl home knowing I had to talk about everything and day after day I got too scared. But every day then I would drive off round the corner, lift my iPod in my car and put this song on.

So dont go away, say what you say
Say that you'll stay, forever and a day
In the time of my life
Cos I need more time,
yes I need more time just to make things right

Those words just always seemed to sum up everything I was feeling. Also the second verse I could relate to:

Damn my situation
and the games I have to play
With all the things caught in my mind
Damn my education
I can't find the words to say
With all the things caught in my mind

I remember going to the Holy Week meetings held in Lurgan and walking about after with this bit stuck in my head:

Me and you whats going on?
All we seem to know is how to show
the feelings that are wrong

This is very much how I was feeling. I knew something was meant to happen and was going to but I over think and freak out and just get really scared so the 'me and you what's going on.' line was always in my head!

Good news is she gave me more time to make things right and it all worked out, good times, great song. Make sure you actually click on the wee links to the songs and enjoy them everyday. Also thinking of making a few CD's with my 31 songs on them when I've done all 31 blogs. Anyone want one contact me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment