Wednesday, 19 August 2009

Letter From God To Man


I am back to blogging :)
been listening to this song a lot this week called 'Letter from God to Man' the song is not a christian song, was not written by christians and isn't trying to say its theologically sound. So please don't be pretentious and condemn it. It's art. But anyway I just thought I would share a bit from it that made me think. Its trying to write from the point of view of God:

"It was You that invented bombs, and the fear that comes with them
And it was You that invented money, and the corrupt economic systems
You invented terms like 'just-war' and terms like 'friendly fire'
And it was You that didn�t know when to stop digging deeper, when to stop building higher
It was You that exhausted the resources I carefully laid out on this earth,
And it was You that even saw these problems coming but accredited them little worth
It was You that used my teachings for your own personal gain
And it was You that committed such tragedies, even though they were in my name"

Just made me think about all the stuff christians do in Gods name that aren't right. Been thinking about wars alot recently. How can Christians pray about war and expect God to take their countries 'side'? how can it be us who decides a nation is past redemption and kill them? How can a christian call hospitals, schools and churches 'collateral damage' as he blows them up? How can American christians pledge alleigance to their flag and to God? How can british and irish christians fight for the liberty of people by blowing up their relatives, friends, families and communities? Think about it. I have been.

Summer is drawing and end now :( I'm currently doin up my new house me and Chris are moving in to. Looking well. Made a lot of mistakes at the start of summer. hurt some people. hurt God. But since i was a leader at Inters camp in Castlewellan i have just known God LOVES me. God loves ME. God loves me. same setance 3 times. three different meanings. All lessons learned. God not only loves me but likes me. Not only does he forgive me. He wants to.

God is more than I can say he is. He means more to me than i can say. and he's done more for me than i can ever do.

It's time to live like i mean that... problem is it's always been time to live like I mean that... still trying to work this whole thing out i guess...

Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment